Best Hair Straightener: The Top Three Picks
Have you ever fantasized about having that shiny and bouncy hair that shampoo and conditioner models have? Sure you did! That’s exactly the reason why we purchase hair product after hair product—only to find out that the effects on our hair are different. What are we missing? The best hair straightener, obviously!
If you have a hair straightener, you can go all straight and shiny one day and curly the next. Nowadays, hair straighteners come in different variations, allowing you to style your hair accordingly with just one tool. But what is so special about this tool that women—and men—go crazy about it?
Compared to other hair styling tools, hair straighteners have the capacity to make our hair look shiny. This effect is brought about by the direct application of heat onto the hair, partnered with the right material used that the straightener is made of. Yes, the material is usually the key to finding out if you have a good-quality hair straightener.
Then again, the market is flooded with hundreds—if not thousands—of makes and models to choose from. You don’t have to worry, though, we’ve got you covered.
Best Hair Straightener Reviews
In here, we are going to take a close look at three hair straighteners to determine which one best suits your needs. We will list down all of their features, provide you with the pros and cons of using each, and give you recommendations on which of the three is the best choice.
Are you ready to bid farewell to your bad hair days? Read on!
1. The HSI Professional Hair Straightener
Just like what we just said earlier, the material matters when it comes to judging if a hair straightener is of good quality or not. For this one, you will get a mix of ceramic and tourmaline crystal ion plate. It claims to straighten even the coarsest and frizziest of hairs while also being capable of making curls and other style flips.
Additionally, it is also equipped with microsensors, which regulate the temperature so your hair will not get damaged from too much heat. This technology also distributes the heat on the hair evenly. It has an adjustable heat setting that ranges from 140 to 450 Fahrenheit.
Wherever you are in the world, you don’t have to worry about not being able to plug in this product too. It is compatible with both 110V and 220V outlets. For your curling needs, this straightener is designed with a cord that can swivel at 360 degrees.
Lastly, it comes ready-to-use too! The package includes an easy-to-understand guide, an argan oil hair treatment, a glove, and a storage pouch.
- Use with fine to coarse hair to Straighten, Flip and Curl
- 1 inch solid ceramic tourmaline plates and advanced infrared heat technology
- 360 degree swivel 6 foot cord
- Includes Argan Oil leave-in hair treatment to help smooth and protect tresses
- Packaging May Vary, may come in red or white packaging
- Does not snag at the hair
- No burnt smell
- Straightens very fast
- Leaves the hair looking shiny
- Hair becomes soft
- Lightweight and portable
- Can straighten very curly and textured hair
- You can easily make curls and flips
- Takes a long time to get hot
- The ceramic coating can wear off
- The temperature is not precise
- Does not have an automatic shut-off option
- Can pinch your hand
2. The Kipozi Professional Flat Iron
Next on our list is a straightener that is made of a different material. The Kipozi Professional Flat Iron boasts a ceramic heater, but most of its other parts are made of titanium. This combination is believed to be the best when it comes to achieving ultra shiny and smooth hair.
The heat can be adjusted from 170 to 450 Fahrenheit, which is shown on the LCD screen. This means that regardless if you have straight or curly hair, this straightener can make your dream hair goals come true. This is due to its far infrared technology, which is the one responsible for giving your straightened hair a shiny finish.
For the busy professionals out there, you can ditch the messy bun too. This hair straightener heats up in as short as 30 seconds, so you can go straight to styling your hair. It also features an automatic shut-off option, which turns the straightener off after not being in use for 90 minutes.
This iron is compatible 100V to 240V outlets and is designed with an 8-feet cord that can also swivel at 360 degrees. Lastly, it comes with a velvet pouch for safe and easy storage.
- The Nano Titanium flat iron provides the shiny and ultra smooth tresses that are without any damaged and frizz free due to the advanced PTC ceramic heater, it maintains steady, high temperature, release negative ions for ultimate results with up to 80% less breakage and more color protection, producing shape and movement in each styling session
- Adjustable heat settings range from 170℉ to 450℉ that perfect for all types of hair, one button set for fragile, damaged or healthy hair, even if you have thick, frizz or curly hair, it will give you a salon finish every time
- Heats up fast in 15 seconds, smooth your cuticles while producing a shiny finish. 3D Floating plates that makes it easy to use with zero pinching or pulling your hair
- 1" plates that does the work of 2 salon tools (flat iron, curling iron), helps you to create a multitude of hairstyles. Large LCD digital display. Safety "Auto off" setting turns off after 90 minutes of non use
- Worldwide dual voltage compatible 100V-240V allows you to use in America, Europe or any other country. 8-foot long and 360-degree swivel cord that minimizes entangling. Come with an exquisite package and a velvet pouch
- Heat settings do not damage the hair
- Hair becomes very shiny
- The straight effect lasts for a long time
- Works on extremely curly hair
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to use
- The temperature is very customizable
- Not a fire hazard due to auto shut off option
- Can sometimes snag hair
- The ends can get too hot
- Can cause split ends
- Not that durable
- Plates can crack easily
- Can be a bit bulky
3. The Furiden Professional Hair Straightener
The last flat-iron that we are going to review markets itself as a one-step hair straightener. Why? This hair straightener boasts an innovative design—a directional switch that you only need to rotate to achieve your desired temperature.
Like the Kipozi flat-iron, this one is made of tourmaline and ceramic too. The company claims that it can be used to straighten and style hair in a short amount of time compared to other more conventional hair straighteners.
The plates on both ends look like they are floating and have curved ends, which allows for ease of movement when curling or flipping the hair. It also features a long cord, 360-degree swivel cord, and an auto shut-off option. Any outlet between 110V and 240V is also compatible with this straightener.
Lastly, you can go straight to styling your hair as soon as you get this product. It comes with lots of freebies, including a fine-toothed comb, two hair clips, a glove, and a storage bag.
- 【 ONLY ONE STEP 】FURIDEN professional hair straightening with directional switch new design, only one step to rotate clockwise to desired salon high heat. The Revolutionary One Step straightener and Styler gives you ultra-smooth silky hair with the touch of a button.
- 【 LESS TIME 】FURIDEN best flat iron with MCH, a new heating standard for hair appliance. This flat iron curler heats quickly in 15s, Save Energy, More Durable, Lasts Longer, significantly reduces overall straightening, hair styling time compared to conventional hair straighteners.
- 【NO SNAGGING & NO TUGGING】FURIDEN 360°swivel long cord flat iron for women with floating plates ，balanced heat plates that move when you do. The floating plates with curved edges continuously adjust the angle to avoid snagging your hair to give you more control while styling.
- 【 BEST CHOICE FOR TRAVELING 】FURIDEN travel hair straightener and curler 2 in 1 with worldwide dual voltage (110-240AC) and auto shut off. The package included: Heat Resistant Glove, flat iron bag, salon comb and 2 salon hair clips. FURIDEN hair styler travel set is your best choice.
- 【 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE 】At Furiden, we have strongly confidence on our products. Every Furiden product includes a 6-month, worry-free Guarantee. If you have any problem or suggestion, please contact us freely, we will provide friendly support for you in 24 hr.
- Heats up in just 15 seconds
- Gives you more control over the angle
- Does not tug at your hair
- Uncomplicated settings are convenient
- Can straighten the curliest of hairs
- Leaves a smooth and silky finish to the hair
- Auto shut-off option is very efficient
- Can make pretty curls
- Does not burn the hair
- Gives off a strange smell
- The cord does not swivel smoothly
- Does not heat up to the highest temperature
The Best of the Best
This review is really a hard one because all the hair straighteners that we have mentioned can really straighten the hairs well. Having said that, there is still one the reigns supreme, and that is the Furiden Professional Hair Straightener. It wins not just because of its design, but also with the perfect finish that it leaves the hair.
The best thing about it is the fact that you are sure that your hair is only remotely damaged if it gets damaged at all. One of its notable disadvantages, though, is its ability to not heat up to the maximum setting. This might be deliberate as the highest setting is not healthy for the hair.
Another good thing to note about this is the fact that it is so easy to use, even if you are curling your way. Truly, this hair straightener is a versatile hair styling tool that anyone would want to have in their arsenal.