How to Clean Out Pores Effectively
Are you annoyed with your clogged and oversized pores? You’re definitely not alone. But don’t lose hope like it’s going to look like that forever.
You’re just probably doing ineffective ways that aren’t suitable on your skin. So, just stop what you’re doing and hear us out. Here’s our suggestion—start by learning how to clean out pores properly before using products that promise to leave you a smooth and fresh skin.
Just keep reading on, and you’ll know what we mean. Trust us; having clogged pores isn’t a hopeless case.
What Are Pores?
Pores are the little openings where microscopic particles can enter, and they do something good for our body. If you notice those hair follicles sticking out of your pores, they allow the oil glands to produce oil to hydrate the topmost layer of the skin.
This is the skin’s natural oil to keep your skin supple and moisturized. Learning a little info about pores can help you deal with them the right way.
Causes of Clogged Pores
Whether you have or don’t have clogged skin, let’s have a better understanding first as to why we get clogged pores, which results in having a dull complexion, whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Apart from dead skin cells that get trapped in your skin, other factors contribute to your clogged pores such as the following:
- Excessive oil production
- Improper skin care routine
- Over-exfoliating which removes your skin’s natural oil
- Wrong use of beauty products
- Hormones especially during menstruation and pregnancy
- Dehydrated skin
- Dirty stuff
- Eating greasy and salty food
Now that you know why your skin gets blocked and unable to breathe, better start breaking those bad habits to prevent acne breakouts. And for cleaning out pores in simple yet effective ways, we’re so ready to share it with you!
How to Clean Out Pores?
In this section, we’ll list down the steps on how to deep clean your face gently plus to get rid of the dirt that is clogging your pores. Ensure to do this regularly to achieve smooth and healthy skin.
Step One: Wash Your Face
Make sure to use a cleanser that suits your specific skin type, or you can go for a facial cleanser that’s good for combination skin but with gentle formulations.
Pro tip: If you’re wearing makeup, use a makeup remover toner or pads to get rid of it easily prior to washing your face.
Step Two: Expose Your Face to Steam
You don’t need to buy a facial steamer since boiling hot water will do. Here’s what you can do:
- Fill a pot with water then turn the heat to medium-high. You can add herbal extract for a more nourishing and relaxing feeling. Turn off the heat once the water is boiling and hot enough.
- Place a towel on top of your head and shoulders. Lean your face just a bit close on top of the boiled water, exposing your face directly to the steam. This is to soften the top layer of your skin.
- Set the timer for 10 minutes. You can do face steaming twice a week to protect your skin from drying out.
Step Three: Start Deep Cleaning
One of the reasons steaming is needed during facial cleaning is that it opens your pores, making it easier to extract or remove whiteheads and blackheads. You can also do any of the following to clean those tiny pores thoroughly:
- Exfoliate but don’t over-exfoliate. Use mild scrubs and gently rub it in your face. This helps to remove dead skin cells which are one of the causes of having clogged pores. Do this three to four times a week.
- You can use pore strips to remove whiteheads and blackheads that are stuck in your skin pores.
- Use an activated charcoal facial mask and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. The charcoal ingredients are known to help remove toxins from pores and effectively clean and remove dirt.
Step Four: Rinse Your Face With Cool Water
Cold water can help tighten the pores, so use it to rinse the facial wash or any product you applied. You can also rub ice cubes directly on your face right after rinsing. Although it is the most underrated beauty hack to do, it offers many benefits such as reducing inflammation, and of course, constricting the skin.
Step Five: Moisturize
Since steaming your face regularly, sun exposure, and use of many beauty products are some of the reasons for your skin to dry out, don’t ever skip applying moisturizer to cap off the night. As we all know, moisturizers help fight wrinkles and keep the skin fresh and hydrated.
We all know that there are many ways on how to clean out pores. But of course, the most important thing to do is to find the best solution for your skin type.
Home remedies are great, but experts say it’s not safe to do these DIY treatments in all cases without consulting a professional. It doesn’t mean that if it works for others, it will also work for you. Even if you use the top brands to clean out your pores, it’ll still depend on how your skin will react to it.
That being said, we guarantee you that the techniques we shared with you are definitely harmless on your skin. We wanted you to do it without needing to use expensive beauty products. Plus, you’ll surely see visible results in just a couple of weeks.
Lastly, when it comes to taking care of your skin, we believe that it also needs commitment and consistency. That is commitment to regularly cleaning your whole body, sticking to one brand when you finally find the right product for your skin, and living a healthy lifestyle. So start setting your goals and make it happen!